Skip to main content

MY MOST - DAYS MAKE UP LOOK

I can't remember when I started wearing make up daily, I think - for me - it was a gradual thing and even now I don't wear it seven days a week. I probably slap the products on my face Monday to Friday and even then not particularly much (unless I fancy a bit of a glow or definition). 
Make up has become a key part of my morning routine. I wash my face, eat breakfast, get dressed and then do my hair, do my make up. It sets me up for the day and makes me feel put together. I wouldn't call it a necessity for my day to get going, I often don't wear it at weekends or even right now (midweek as I'm writing this) because I'm on study leave but it adds a little something extra to my morning routine and I love the way it enhances my natural features. Draws attention to the things I like about myself, rather than the parts of me I'm not so keen on. 

Like everyone, I have my insecurities. I don't often talk about them but they're there, so if you'd like a post on that please let me know in the comments below (along with any other requests, they're always greatly appreciated). For example, I wouldn't say my number one favourite facial feature is my nose... I'm not going to shout it from the rooftops that I want everyone to look at it. However, I much prefer it when I add a little bit of highlight to the tip of my nose and make up allows me to do that. My nose is certainly growing on me!

It's also, some what, an art. I'm not a make up artist, I don't plan on it but I think when you spend time and effort blending, choosing complimentary (or even contrasting) colours and applying it, it shows a skill. It takes precision, it takes practise and it doesn't always look the same, not everyone does it in the same way. It's something I've taught myself to do over a few years and there are definitely things I don't do or struggle to do. I don't get a perfect wing every time I do eye liner but that's fine. I improve each and every time, it's great seeing that progress.


GET THE LOOK:
The Body Shop All-In-One BB Cream (00) - used on particularly bad skin days only.
Seventeen Stay Time Concealer (FAIR) - for those pesky spots and blemishes.
No7 Perfect Light Loose Powder (TRANSLUCENT) - sets everything into place.
No7 Velvet Lash Mascara (BLACK) - swept onto my lashes for, as claimed, luxurious volume.
No7 Stay Perfect Shadow (WHEATSHEAF) - perfect for a natural highlight, swipe across cheekbones.
Any lip balm you have handy.

much love, em xo

Comments

  1. Lovely look, you look stunning! I love how simple and Day to day it is as well. I love how makeup is an art and not that many people seem to understand that. I love being able to see how much I've improved as well! X

    Erin // Everything Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing!! It's such a simple and natural look to achieve and will be especially great for hot summer days!

    Meg xx
    Themegedit.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look stunning, also a really beautiful post! Makeup is definitely an art to me, I never do the same look twice and I think that is the beauty of it!xx
    Grace Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful babe! I loved reading this post, I agree make up is definitely an art. I really want to teach myself some proper skills and try a few different looks. One of these days I'll get round to it haha <3

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blogs are like Trains

I never thought I'd be posting a blog post similar to this one because I try to make and take each blog post as their own and my blog itself seems to fall under no category but I feel I need to write this for myself. For my own piece of mind.

I started this blog over two years ago, in fact, almost three years and I guess time really does fly when you're having fun. Those two years have flown by so quickly and I've only really been writing for an audience, thanks to some of my social media platforms, for a year and, my oh my, has this little space grown. I've received comments on most of the posts I've published since and there are people who actively choose to come back and say hello every time I post (they're some of my favourite people ever). I've discovered more blogs that I ever imagined the Internet could hold and I've loved every single one of them. You can't help but compare yourself but, luckily, I don't feel I have to compete to be bette…

Passion #ThursdayThoughts

Hello lovely people,
I hope you're having a wonderful day and have spent moments doing something you really enjoy.
As you're reading this I am helping at my Sixth Form open evening and last Thursday I was doing the exact same, except that it was for the entire school. Whilst wondering the Chemistry department I came across a year 7 boy, short in height, friendly and, more than ever, passionate about what he was doing in that moment. 
He asked me: 'can I show you how to do this experiment?' and although, I've done the test for hydrogen many times over the course of my school career, I said yes because I could see the excitement in his eyes to talk me through what he was doing. As he added the Magnesium to the Hydrochloric acid I placed my thumb over the test tube and he lit a wooden splint in the bunsen burner. He swiftly brought the splint over and got me to move my hand a squeaky pop sound could be heard, indicating that hydrogen was present. Hearing the pop his …

A Day In My Life | Collaboration

I'm lucky, each day that goes by something totally different so when writing a day in my life post it's a little tricky to write about something which isn't consistent. So as much as today is the day I've chosen to share with you, it's not that 'normal' but something I enjoyed doing. This post is also a wonderful collaboration with Elizabeth from bethmay75.blogspot.co.uk! I'll leave all her links below so make sure to have a look and a read. 
07:40 - Wake up! So lovely not having to get up at 6am for work and having a lovely, refreshing nights sleep.
08:00 - Sit up! I spent a little time finishing off my vlog for today and uploading and publishing it on my vlogging channel 'Extra Emsi'.
09:00 - Shower time! A quick wash before getting dressed, doing my make up and hair.
09:30 - Walkies! Off on a dog walk with my happy pooch Ebony. I love her so very much.

10:00 - Breakfast! Has a toasted bagel with butter, delicious!

10:20 - Left my house to wa…